One person hospitalized, 2 cats rescued from Adams County house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. — Emergency crews took one person to a hospital after a house fire on Saturday morning, Adams County Fire Rescue said.

The fire started in a garage near East 80th Avenue and Greenwood Boulevard and spread to the kitchen.

The injured person was not identified. The extent of the injuries is not known.

The Denver Red Cross is stepping in to help the family and their pets.