2 girls injured in flash fire at Commerce City duplex

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- Two girls were injured after a flash fire at a Commerce City duplex on Tuesday morning, the South Adams Fire Department said.

The fire was reported about 6:30 a.m. in the 6900 block of Weiman Court.

The girls, ages 15 and 11, were injured after a small explosion in a room they were in and caused a fire. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control.

The girls were taken to Children's Hospital Colorado to be treated for burns on their hands and faces. Their conditions aren't known.

Ten people from two families were displaced from the duplex, officials said.

An Xcel Energy gas emergency response team has joined the investigation to try to determine the source of the vapors that exploded.

Google Map for coordinates 39.822587 by -104.924155.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.