Pinpoint Weather Alert Day: Cold temperatures, light snow and slick roads Saturday

Copperhead snake bites man inside Arkansas Wal-Mart

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JACKSONVILLE, Ark. — A copperhead snake bit a man Friday inside an Arkansas Wal-Mart store, according to KTHV.

However, surveillance video later showed the man brought the venomous snake into the store, a Wal-Mart spokesman told the station.

No one else was injured, but the snake sighting caused pandemonium, according to customer Linda Moore Mathews, who snapped a photo of the reptile as it lay coiled in the middle of a produce aisle and posted it on Facebook.

“Everyone was freaking out,” Mathews said.

Another woman recorded video of a man finally catching the copperhead and placing it in a Wal-Mart bag.

The snake was defanged, which is usually done to keep them as pets, according to Jacksonville Animal Control, but the venomous glands weren’t removed.

The man was taken to an area medical center for treatment, according to KTHV. His condition is not yet known.

In spring 2016, a copperhead bit a customer in a North Carolina Lowe’s gardening department:

AlertMe