DENVER -- Love is in the air around Valentine's Day. But on Valentine's Day, love can also cost a lot of money.
According to AOL, there are five top ways to save some cash this Valentine's Day.
- Want flowers? No problem. But you can save a lot of dollars on your daisies by shopping online. Shop early and skip the vase. Also, try a nonrose variety.
- Make your sweetie a nice dinner at home. Save money, no reservations, no valet, no tipping lousy service. It could also help you score big on romantic points.
- Choose another day to celebrate. Less crowds, more options, less money. And you don't have to look like a schmoe with cheap flowers from the grocery store.
- Make you own Valentine's Day card. It might wind up looking like a grade school project but will score high in, "Oh, that's soooooo cuuuute." points.
- Skip the holiday altogether. Do something special for your loved one when they least expect it. Like a dinner at Del Frisco's followed by a Michael Buble concert.