PARKER, Colo. — Crews clamped off a natural gas leak near a shopping center in Parker on Thursday, South Metro Fire Rescue said.
Firefighters said there was a break in a a 3-inch natural gas line near the FlatAcres MarketCenter/Parker Pavilions at Parker Road and Twenty Mile Road.
Businesses in the area include Chili’s Grill and Bar, Kohl’s, PetSmart, Starbucks, Michael’s, Qdoba and Texas Roadhouse. There is no word on whether any businesses were impacted.
South Metro Fire initially said the wind was carrying the odor to the north/northwest.
Xcel Energy clamped the leaking gas line by about 3:30 p.m.