Ice-skating rink returns to Downtown Denver
DENVER — It’s a sure sign the holiday season is here: The Southwest Rink at Skyline Park on Denver’s 16th Street Mall opened its gates Tuesday morning to an excited crowd!
Since its creation 7 years ago, the park has attracted more than 270,000 ice-skaters, according to the Downtown Denver Partnership. Tami Door, President and CEO of the Downtown Denver Partnership, said the organization is expecting about 50,000 additional people this season.
“The launch of the rink is really symbolic,” Door said. “It really says it’s time for winter. It’s the start of winter in the city. It’s a great time for celebration. And where else can you have such an amazing family experience than right in the heart of downtown Denver”?
The ice-rink is located at 16th and Arapahoe Streets. Its hours of operation vary, according to the Downtown Denver Partnership:
- November 22 – December 18, 2016: Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- December 19 – December 31, 2016: Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- January 1 – February 14, 2017: Monday through Thursday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Day: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day: 10 a.m. 6 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Super Bowl Sunday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day/Closing Day: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Access to the rink is FREE. However, if you need to rent ice-skates, they cost $2 a pair. But, if you bring a kids’ book to donate to Children’s Hospital, the $2 fee will be waived. For more information, click here.
To hear more about what makes it ‘Unique 2 Colorado‘ watch Kevin Torres‘ Report.AlertMe