Suspects sought in 2 attempted sexual assaults in Boulder

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Suspect wanted for reported sexual assault in Boulder on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016

Suspect wanted for reported sexual assault in Boulder on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016

BOULDER, Colo. -- Investigators are searching for suspects responsible for two attempted sexual assaults over the weekend, the Boulder Police Department said.

One happened on the University of Colorado campus and the second happened off campus but not far away.

Police released sketches of the suspects police are searching for after a break-in and attempted sexual assault early Saturday morning in the 2600 block of Colorado Avenue.

Police said the woman was asleep on a couch and woke up to a man trying to have sex with her.

Police said the suspect is described as a black man, 25 to 35 years old. He's 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10 with a stocky build. The man was possibly wearing glasses, khaki-colored shorts and a polo-style shirt with horizontal stripes.

Police said the victim saw gold or silver SUV leaving the area shortly after the suspect left that might be related.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Boulder police or Northern Colorado Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.

The other incident happened about 7:50 a.m. Sunday near a pedestrian underpass at Broadway and College Avenue, on the edge of the west side of the campus.

CU police said the victim was grabbed in the buttocks and thigh area while she was walking through the underpass. She was able to fight off the attack and the suspect left westbound through the underpass.

The suspect is described as being 30 to 40 years old, 5-foot-10 with a heavy set, especially in the face, and a very tan complexion. He has medium-length curly dark hair and was wearing a baggy black hoodie.

Anyone with information is asked to call CU police at 303-492-6666 or Northern Colorado Crime Stoppers.

Police at both agencies don't believe the two incidents are related.