ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The defending Super Bowl champion Broncos opened training camp on Thursday.
SLIDESHOW: First day of Broncos training camp 2016
RELATED: Training camp schedule
The team looks a bit different this year with two new quarterbacks. Some notes from the first day of camp.
- Possibly fewer fans for opening day this year. Could it be because there’s no Peyton Manning?
- Fans were still treated to a happy-go-lucky Von Miller, who pumped up the crowd early by dancing.
- Mark Sanchez was impressive at quarterback. Coach Gary Kubiak said the veteran was ready to go, knew the practice script and looked “as sharp” as he expected him to.
- The Broncos are super skilled and super deep at the skilled positions. Going to be some serious job battles at running back and wide receiver.
- The biggest question mark is the tight end spot. Will Jeff Heuerman step up to be the guy?
Training camp runs through Aug. 17, ending with a joint practice with the San Francisco 49ers.AlertMe