Pinpoint Weather Alert Day: Heavy mountain snow expected Thursday

Dog treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Denver

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER — A dog that had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire is doing well, thanks to firefighters and paramedics.

The fire broke out in a home on East Amherst Avenue near Interstate 25 and East Yale Avenue on Friday afternoon, according to the Denver Fire Department.

The fire department tweeted a photo of emergency crews treating the golden retriever Friday afternoon.

Fire officials later said the dog was “doing well” and its tail was wagging all the way to the veterinarian.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.