INDIANAPOLIS — A mother fired her daughter’s baby sitter after she saw a viral cellphone video taken at a local waterpad. The video has been shared thousands of times on Facebook.
The mother, Brittany Dixson, saw it online at work. She said when she first saw the video she thought, “Why would you put a child underneath so much water at once?”
But then she quickly realized the baby in the video was her daughter Annora.
Dixson said it was bad enough that the baby sitter let her 7-month-old walk barefoot on hot cement, and swung her up high on a swing multiple times. But the last straw was seeing a huge bucket of water dumped on her daughter’s head.
Worried about her daughter, Dixson took her to the emergency room to get checked out.
Doctors said Annora could have had “dry drowning” because she inhaled a lot of water at once, and could have actually drowned in her sleep because the water would have been trapped in her lungs.
Dixson said she’s grateful that a concerned woman posted the video on Facebook, and she messaged the woman to say so.
She also said the baby sitter apologized and said she didn’t realize the bucket carried so much water.AlertMe