Drugs, water immersion led to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s death
ATLANTA — Bobbi Kristina Brown died last year of complications resulting from drug intoxication and immersion in water, the Fulton County medical examiner in Georgia said Friday morning. The manner of death is undetermined, according to the office.
Brown’s autopsy information had been sealed by court order, but it was released Friday after a judge in Atlanta granted a request by local media to unseal it.
Brown was found unconscious in a bathtub more than a year ago. Emergency crews found the daughter of pop icon Whitney Houston unresponsive in her suburban Atlanta home in January last year.
She never regained consciousness, and died at a hospice in July.
Authorities in Georgia have always maintained they know how she died. But they never provided details because of a superior court’s order to seal the autopsy information.
Judge Henry Newkirk, who granted the motion, said he doesn’t “think there is anything particularly earth shattering in the report,” WGCL reported.
Wrongful death lawsuit
The 22-year-old was found unresponsive in her bathtub on Jan. 31, 2015. In an eerily similar twist, her music legend mother was discovered dead, face-down in a bathtub full of water three years prior.
Brown’s estate has filed a $10 million wrongful death lawsuit against her boyfriend, Nick Gordon, alleging he beat her after an all-night “cocaine and drinking binge.” He then gave her a “toxic cocktail” that knocked her out, according to the suit.
Gordon has never been charged. His legal team has described the lawsuit as “slanderous and meritless.”AlertMe