Chef, Caterer, and Cookbook Author Susanna Palazuelos and her son Eduardo are world renowned chefs from Acapulco and Mexico City. Susanna is like the Julia Child of Mexico and Eduardo has been named top chef of Mexico and owns two restaurants in Mexico City and Acapulco. They shared two amazing recipes, shrimp tacos and avocado wave, which is ceviche wrapped beautifully in avocado. See the recipes below:
90 g shrimp 21/25 cut in cubes of 1cm
2 g fine salt
2 g ground white pepper
20 ml olive oil
2 g garlic finely chopped
30 g white onion finely chopped
5 g epazote finely chopped
10 g chili chipotle paste
60 ml sour cream
5 flour tortillas
20 g peanuts
1 g cilantro sprigs
30 ml lemon juice with soya sauce
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the chopped garlic and onion until golden.
- Add the shrimp and epazote cooking a few minutes until golden. Add the chipotle paste and the lemon soya sauce and continue cooking.
- Incorporate the sour cream and when heated through remove from heat.
- Serve in a bowl accompanied with the previously heated flour tortillas.
- Accompany with a small dish of roasted peanuts. Decorate with a fried chile de arbol and a sprig of cilantro.
50 g yellow fin tuna in cubes
15 g seedless watermelon in cubes
15 g green apple in cubes
2 g white sesame seeds
2 g chopped cilantro
1 g beet sprouts
35 g avocado in thin slices
60 ml chile de arbol vinaigrette
30 ml chipotle mayonnaise
5 ml fried tempura balls
- Peel the avocado with a peeler into thin slices
- Extend a piece of wax paper and brush with olive oil. Arrange the avocado slices on the paper.
- In a bowl mix the tuna, watermelon and green apple.
- Add the sesame seeds and chopped cilantro and mix together well.
- Place the mixture over the sliced avocado slices adding chipotle mayonnaise and fried tempura balls.
- Roll into the shape of a cylinder. Garnish with a few dabs of chipotle mayonnaise and the chile de arbol vinaigrette. Decorate with sprigs of cilantro.