Serves: 1 pie
- makes 1 pie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbl coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (find my homemade recipe here)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs + 2 large yolks
- 1 cup cashew milk (1/4 cup cashews + ¾ cup water, blended well)
- ½ cup coconut milk (full-fat from can)
- ¼ cup cognac (or whiskey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine pumpkin and sweet potato puree, maple syrup, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, and sea salt in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Optional: If you'd like to cook all the alcohol off from the whiskey, add it to this mixture instead of the cream.
- While pumpkin mix is cooking, whisk together eggs + yolk, cashew milk, coconut milk, cognac, and vanilla extract.
- Remove pumpkin mix from heat and whisk in the cream mixture and pour filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pie is firm and still a little jiggly in the middle (pie finishes cooking with residual heat).