Families needing Christmas assistance must register this week
DENVER — Families needing assistance this Christmas season can register at one of six Salvation Army locations in metro Denver this week.
Christmas assistance services include toys for children and grocery store gift cards. Please call 303-295-3366 or visit the Salvation Army’s website to find a location to register your family near you.
Registration will take place at the following times only:
- Monday, Nov. 2, 9-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 3, 5-7:30 p.m. (Note: this is the only day that evening hours are available for Christmas assistance registration)
- Wednesday, Nov. 4, 9-11 a.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 7, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
What to bring
Anyone applying for Christmas assistance needs to bring the following items to registration:
- Picture ID
- 30-day current proof of address. A utility bill or lease will fulfill this requirement.
- Birth certificate or school records for all children in the household
Those who need assistance but don’t have the required documents are welcome to attend the Thanksgiving Meal on Nov. 26 and Christmas Eve Meal on Dec. 24 at the Colorado Convention Center.
More than 25,000 toys and over 4,000 food boxes were distributed last Christmas season in metro Denver alone.
With a surge in homeless population and underprivileged families, the need is great.AlertMe