Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson mourns loss of beloved pup, issues warning to other dog owners

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Just weeks after making headlines for rescuing his pup from the pool, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson announced some very sad news on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

The actor said he had to make the painful decision to end the suffering of his French bulldog named Brutus.

“The Rock” said Brutus ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother, Hobbs. The mushroom had a lethal toxicity and within hours, it was destroying his liver and immune system.

He is warning other dog owners to be aware of mushrooms in your yards, in parks or anywhere where your beloved pup may be.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.