Wisconsin 1-month-old ends up in ICU with .294 BAC after accidentally consuming vodka

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KENOSHA, Wis. — Police said a baby ended up in the ICU on Monday after accidentally ingesting vodka.

Police said it happened when the 1-month-old child’s mother filled a container with water. The baby’s father poured out the water and filled it with vodka, police said.

The vodka was then used by the mother to make the baby’s bottle, according to WITI.

Police said the baby’s blood-alcohol content was .294. The child ended up in the ICU at a local hospital as a precaution. The child’s condition is unknown.

The baby’s father was arrested for an argument that occurred after the child drank the vodka, police said. There are no details regarding any recommended charges for the father.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.