KDVR/KWGN in Denver, Colorado seeks a dynamic journalist who thrives on breaking news, enterprise stories and aggressive coverage.
The ideal candidate understands how to cover spot news with urgency, attention to detail and an understanding of cross-platform, multi-media coverage. Must have excellent news judgment and instincts, with the ability to find stories that will help make our newscasts unique and distinctive.
You must be an excellent communicator, a multi-tasker who can interact effectively with crews in the field and other assignment editors, producers, managers, and additional editorial and technical personnel in the station.
Knowledge of newsroom computer systems, digital newsgathering technology, two-way radio communications and satellite booking required. Must be proficient on social media, with an understanding of how to best utilize Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
You should actively cultivate sources for story ideas. BA or equivalent major market experience required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate news coverage with managers, producers, reporters, photographers and other news department personnel. Research and set up stories, confirm appointments with interviewees. Ensure efficient use of resources.
- Maintain the assignment board and newsroom computer system with the most up-to-date information about stories and crew locations.
- Confirm court cases and keep track of upcoming dates.
- Monitor law enforcement and fire/emergency frequencies on scanners.
- Participate in editorial meetings and pitch stories. Publish stories to web and post to social media platforms, as needed.
- Book guests and interviews as needed for special reports and projects.
- Download and ingest video into the TONS system, Y Drive or external Hard Drives as needed.
Please apply at: tribunemediacareers.com job number 2015-43171