Jessica Crandall shows us how to make P.F. Chang’s Sweet & Sour Chicken + a side of white rice.
|1 cup||Brown rice|
|1 Tbsp.||Garlic, chopped|
|½ tsp.||Crushed red pepper|
|1lb||Chicken breast, boneless, skinless, chopped into ½ inch pieces|
|1 cup||Onions, chopped|
|1 cup||Carrots, chopped|
|1 cup||Celery, chopped|
|1 cup||Red bell pepper, chopped|
|20 oz||Pineapple, canned|
|1/3 cup||Soy sauce, reduced sodium|
|1 Tbsp.||Rice vinegar|
|2 tsp.||Brown sugar|
- Cook rice according to package directions
- In the meantime, coat the bottom of a nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken; set aside.
- Coat pan again with cooking spray. Add onions, carrots, celery and red bell pepper to pan. Sauté 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving ¾ cup juice. Add 1½ cups pineapple chunks to pan; cook 30 seconds.
- Combine the reserved ¾ cup pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, flour, sugar and sugar substitute in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Return chicken mixture to pan. Stir in juice mixture; bring to boil. Cook 1-2 minute until sauce thickens a bit.