March is finally here and that means spring is right around the corner. The anticipation for warmer weather often brings with it the desire to buy new things for our closets, homes and back yards, but buyer beware: some items are better purchased later in the season. Here to tell us about the best and worst buys of March is Kendal Perez, our local Savings Expert with CouponSherpa.com.
- Now is a great time to pick up fleeces, heavy coats and other outerwear at deep discounts.
- Expect discounts of 50 to 80% off.
- For example, you can find kids’ hoodies for just $5 at The Children’s Place (original price $20), plus save an extra 15 to 25% with a coupon.
- If you didn’t pick up bling for Valentine’s Day, now is a great time to shop for jewelry.
- Kmart is offering coupon codes for an extra 20% off fine jewelry.
- Banana Republic’s jewelry sale features styles for up to 50% off.
- New styles of luggage are released ahead of the busy summer travel season, making last year’s styles a great buy.
- eBags is an online retailer located in Greenwood Vilalge, Colo., and is currently offering free shipping plus an extra 15% off your order.
- Samsonite is offering an extra 20% off clearance through today.
- It's still chilly outside but many clothing retailers are debuting new styles for spring and Easter.
- Despite the temptation, it’s better to hold off until later in the season (May or June) when inventory has been on the shelves for a while and retailers offer discounts of 40% off or more.
- Patio furniture is gracing the homepages and showroom floors of such retailers as Walmart, Lowe’s and Home Depot.
- As consumers look to spend more time outdoors, a new patio set may be tempting, but as with other seasonal items, it’s a better buy in late summer.
- Like patio furniture, grills are an outdoor staple and headliner of spring and summer inventory.
- If your current grill can hang in there a bit longer, it’s best to wait for August clearance sales for better prices.