WESTMINSTER, Colo. -- A single-family home caught fire Saturday night at the 9700 block of Carr Circle in Westminster.
Westminster firefighters arrived on scene about 7: 18 p.m. to find thick, black smoke pouring from the front door.
While inside, firefighters heard a loud boom and crash, prompting them to evacuate the building. It was later determined that the ceiling of an open, two-story rec room area had collapsed just ahead of the firefighters.
Aside from minor burns to one firefighter, no injuries were reported.
The fire was finally put out as of 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
A mother, a grandmother and two children were in the home when the fire started, the Westminster Fire Department reported Sunday. All four were able to escape, along with a dog, a cat and four pet lizards.
Damage to the home was estimated at $20,000. Initial investigation showed that no fire alarms went off to warn the family.
A FOX31 Denver viewer, Mindy Nguyen took video from her neighboring home, where smoke clouds can be see billowing from the other home.