Arvada man discharged after second Ebola test comes back negative
DENVER — A second test confirmed an Arvada man does not have the Ebola virus and he was discharged from Denver Health Medical Center, public health officials said Thursday morning.
The man, who recently traveled to West Africa, was evaluated at the hospital earlier this week “out of an abundance of caution” after he had a low-grade fever.
The man, who has not been identified, was released late Wednesday.
Officials said the man was released late Wednesday.
“We are delighted at this good report for this individual and recognize the hard work and effort on behalf of everyone involved in this patient’s monitoring and care,” Dr. Larry Wolk, executive director and chief medical officer at the state health department, said in a news release.