TODAY: Another Student Protest, DIA Luggage Theft, 11-Year-Old’s Wild Cab Ride
DENVER — Here are your 10 Things to Know for Friday, Dec. 12, 2014.
1. Another student protest, march planned in Denver on Friday afternoon
A protest and march involving students from several Denver metro-area high schools is scheduled to be held Friday afternoon.
2. Sources: New threat written on wall at Arapahoe High; parents not alerted
On the eve of the anniversary of the Arapahoe High School shooting, sources say a new threat was written on a wall at the building, but the school has decided not to alert parents about the threat even though it has been discussed at meetings.
3. Witness who shot video of police punching suspect arrested, sent to jail
A bystander who recently stepped forward with a video recording of Denver police officers punching a drug suspect and then tripping his pregnant girlfriend during a violent arrest in August was arrested for a traffic warrant out of Park County.
4. Citizen Oversight Board criticizes DPD over response to FOX31 story on excessive force
In an open letter to Denver Police Chief Robert White, the Citizen Oversight Board criticized the department’s response to a FOX31 Denver investigation into the actions of officers during an arrest in which excessive force might have been used.
5. Female purse-snatchers accused of using stolen credit cards on shopping sprees
Police say two women are accused of snatching purses from other women and they’ve been caught on surveillance cameras committing their crimes.
6. Police arrest worker at DIA for theft of gift cards from luggage
Police say a worker at Denver International Airport somehow was able to swipe more than $1,000 in gift cards from a checked bag at the airport.
7. Couple on the run for 3 years from Colorado arrested in Alabama
A fugitive couple from Colorado, wanted on child abuse charges, was in custody after being found in Alabama.
8. House narrowly passes spending package ahead of deadline
The House narrowly passed a $1.1 trillion compromise spending package that would fund the government through September after a rancorous debate that underlined divisions within Republican and Democratic caucuses.
9. Paradise 4 Paws boarding facility opens at DIA
Paradise 4 Paws, a luxury boarding facility for cats and dogs, became the first on-airport boarding facility for pets to open at Denver International Airport.
10. 11-year-old Arkansas girl steals $10,000 from grandmother, takes cab to Georgia
An 11-year-old girl from central Arkansas stole $10,000 from her grandmother, then hopped in a cab and made it half way to Florida before police tracked her down.