Chef Nikki Shaw shows us to make a healthy Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber.
Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber
This American Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is a terrific vegetable side dish that goes well with just about any main dish you are serving. Or this can be your main dish for meatless meal or when you want a light meal.
- 5 oz. canned, no-salt-added or lower-sodium chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped, fresh tomatoes (any type)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 small red or yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola
- 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sweet paprika
Add all the ingredients into a large bowl.
Stir to combine and serve.
Calories per serving 168
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat .5g
Trans Fat 0.0g
- Friday, November 21
- Ritz Carlton, Downtown Denver
- 12pm to 3:30pm
- Luncheon, Heart Healthy Expo
- Tickets: $150