DENVER — Dave Fraser fired up the gill and made some triple port sliders. Check below to see the recipes for the creations he and Natalie Thompson from Johnson and Wales University grilled up.
Triple Pork Sliders
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 pound fresh Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup finely grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked crisp
- 16 small dinner rolls, sliced in half
- Curly leaf lettuce
- 3 sliced plum tomatoes
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the ground pork, sausage, cheese, shallot, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Form the meat mixture into small equal-sized patties.
3. Cook the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and serve on split rolls with a half a slice of bacon, lettuce, tomato and Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise.
Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
Mix all of the ingredients together in s medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving, allowing the flavors to meld. Can be made a day ahead.AlertMe