TODAY: Flood Concerns After Storms, Broncos’ Draft Day, Game Show Fail
DENVER — Here are your 10 Things to Know for Thursday, May 8, 2014.
1. Severe storms move out, but flood concerns on the rise
2. Father backs up SUV, kills 3-year-old son
A family is coping with a horrible tragedy after their 3-year-old son was killed when the father accidentally backed over him with an SUV in southwest Denver.
3. Major ‘Spice’ bust leads to arrests
The Denver division of the Drug Enforcement Agency announced a “significant” regional and national bust on the sellers and manufacturers of the synthetic drug “Spice.”
4. LGBT group wants Bolder Boulder to drop ‘sissies’ from campaign
An LGBT advocacy group is taking aim at the campaign of the Bolder Boulder that is helping to promote the Memorial Day race and wants the race to drop the word “sissies.”
5. Broncos might be on move in NFL Draft
The first round of the NFL Draft will be held Thursday, and the Broncos have the 31st pick, though they might be looking to move up to target a linebacker or cornerback.
6. Lawmakers approve aid for fire, flood victims
Legislation to forgive property taxes for Coloradans whose homes were damaged in last year’s floods passed the Legislature on its final day, as did a bill to compensate victims of the 2012 Lower North Fork Fire.
7. Marijuana credit co-op bill heads to Hickenlooper
Legislation to create a state-backed credit co-op to provide banking services to Colorado’s all-cash marijuana industry is on its way to Gov. John Hickenlooper’s desk.
8. Douglas County seeks child sex assault suspect
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is looking for Joshua David Evans, who is a suspect in a child sex assault investigation.
9. Outrage over letter criticizing elderly couple’s home
A surly note allegedly written by a real estate agent and left for an elderly couple in New Jersey is getting a lot of attention after the couple’s granddaughter posted it on Facebook.
10. Epic ‘Family Feud’ fail
A family was 18 points from winning $20,000 on “Family Feud.” Then there was an epic fail in the game’s final round.AlertMe