AURORA, Colo. — A cooking fire caused significant damage to an Aurora apartment early Sunday, the Aurora Fire Department reported.
Crews responded about 3:24 a.m. to the 18200 block of East Arizona Drive, AFD said. When crews arrived on scene, there was “heavy fire through the roof of the structure,” according to a media release. Due to heavy fire conditions and potential for collapse crews were directed to withdraw from the structure and knock the fire down from the exterior.
The fire was contained to one unit, causing significant damage. An additional unit did have smoke damage. There were no civilian injuries.
The cause of the fire is determined to be unattended cooking, AFD said.AlertMe