Apparent barbecue explosion sparks serious house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER -- Firefighters were battling a serious house fire near Huron Street and 84th Avenue Sunday evening.

The blaze was likely sparked by a barbecuing explosion, according to emergency radio traffic. No one was injured.

Heavy smoke could be seen from much of the surrounding area. Witnesses said the house appeared to be badly damaged, and a second house was also affected.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.