American flag catches fire after fireworks mishap at Atlanta Braves game
ATLANTA — The Atlanta Braves finally had their home opener Tuesday night, but not everything went according to plan.
The team had new pyrotechnics installed and there was a mishap as the American flag caught on fire.
Jule Paulk sent a photo of the burning flag to 11Alive, the NBC affiliate in Atlanta. She saw the photo on Facebook and wrote the station: “Mishap at the Atlanta Braves opening day game tonight!! American Flag caught on fire!”
A Braves spokesman told the station the fireworks were put on the large HD screen for the first time and one of the pyrotechnics flew at the flag, which then caught fire.AlertMe