RV for sale burns up in front of potential buyer

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALLENSPARK, Colo. — A motor home caught fire Monday when the owner started the ignition to show it to a potential buyer, according to the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies said the incident occurred a little before 5:30 p.m. Monday night in the 500 block of Taylor Road in Allenspark.

The Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, Allenspark Volunteer Fire Department and Estes Park Ambulance responded to the blaze.

William Castronova, the owner of the RV, started the vehicle to show it to a prospective buyer. Deputies said the ignition starting sparked a fire, which eventually engulfed the entire 34-foot motor home in flames.

Investigators said they found nothing suspicious and believe the fire may have started due to rodent nests or already existing damage — the vehicle had not been turned on in over two years.

The RV was considered a total loss, said deputies, but no other property was damaged and no injuries were reported.



Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.