Gas leak forces Alameda HS to release students early

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — Alameda International High School in Lakewood ended their school day early Wednesday because of natural gas leak.

According to the West Metro Fire Department, repairing the leak will require shutting power down to the entire school, so students were dismissed early.

Arizona Avenue nearby was shut down while Xcel Energy looked for the leak.

A spokesperson for Jefferson Public Schools said students were not in danger. Buses were at the school for the early release.


1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.