TODAY: ‘Time to Ride,’ snow causes issues, teen charged in explosion
1. Broncos fans are ‘electrified’ upon arrival in NYC for the Super Bowl
Can’t travel to New York or New Jersey for the Super Bowl this weekend? Come take a virtual trip to the site of Denver Broncos vs. Seattle Seahawks with our FOX31 Denver crew.
2. Super Bowl is emotional homecoming for Broncos’ Knowshon Moreno
The Super Bowl is being played about one hour from where Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno starred as a high school player. A lot of folks are interested to see his performance Sunday in the big game.
3. Ads for healthy Super Bowl treats find ways to appeal to masses
This year, in addition to the traditional chips-, soda- and beer-centric commercials, viewers can except an increase of ads pitching healthier food and drinks. However, these companies won’t be marketing their products as healthier to gain more consumers.
4. Slideshow: Viewers’ United in Orange photos IV
We asked and you delivered. Check our our latest photo gallery featuring viewer photos from across Broncos Country.
5. Four-eight inches of snow for Denver; over 60 school closures, delays Friday
A storm that had already dumped several feet of snow in Colorado’s mountains arrived in Denver on Thursday night, causing closures, traffic delays and power outages on Friday morning. And after a lull, round two is expected to hit on Friday night.
6. Customers: Denver contractor took money, didn’t complete work
Dreams of a new kitchen turned into a nightmare for many Colorado homeowners who said they collectively paid a local contractor hundreds of thousands of dollars, only to see him take the money and run.
7. Teen charged with felony in SkyView Academy explosion
At least one teen boy has been charged in connection with a chemical explosion at SkyView Academy that sent five people to the hospital, Michelle Yi of the Arapahoe County District Attorney’s Office said.
8. Jury gets case of Palisade mom whose kids died when left in SUV
The jury was set to begin deliberations on Thursday in the trial of a Palisade mother whose kids died from overheating when they were left in her SUV while she allegedly met a man to have sex. Prosecutors have characterized the woman as a selfish liar. The defense call her a lonely, troubled widow and have blamed her poor choices on a lack of intelligence.
9. Governor orders flags lowered for deputy killed in head-on crash
Gov. John Hickenlooper ordered flags on all pubic buildings statewide be lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Monday in memory of JeffCo motorcycle deputy Sgt. David Baldwin, who was killed on Jan. 26, after his bike collided with an oncoming SUV on US 93.
10. CDC: Stomach bug strikes second cruise ship
At least 162 passengers and 11 crew members have reported being ill on board Princess Cruises’ Caribbean Princess, according to the CDC. The news follows this week reports of sickness on another cruise ship, this one from the Royal Caribbean line.AlertMe