TODAY: FEMA flood distribution, SWAT in Wheat Ridge, Oscar nominees
1. FEMA money unequally distributed in flooded neighborhoods
It’s been four months since record floods tore up roadways and transformed the geography of northeastern Colorado. Since then, FEMA has spent millions helping people affected by the disaster. Yet, in his first report for FOX31 Denver, investigative reporter Chris Halsne found some neighborhoods are getting a lot less money than others.
2. Search warrant served near Wheat Ridge middle, elementary schools
A search warrant was served in a Wheat Ridge neighborhood Thursday morning, with SWAT teams moving in and taking one person into custody near a middle school and a pair of elementary schools in the area.
3. Still no arrests in Lakewood arson case, residents told to stay alert
It’s been over two and a half months since police determined an arsonist was responsible for setting a slew of fires in a Lakewood neighborhood that caused over $250,000 in damages. Police still haven’t made an arrest, but issued an alert to residents this week to stay alert.
4. Checks, credit cards stolen from Larimer County mail boxes
The Larimer County Sheriff’s Office was investigating a rash of mail thefts Thursday. Several victims in the region have reported checks and credit cards stolen from their incoming mail, with some of the items later being fraudulently used around the state.
5. SUV driver arrested after hit-and-run with a fire truck
The driver of an SUV crashed into a Denver fire truck and then fled the scene late Wednesday. Police were still looking for that driver Thursday morning, saying the individual crashed his Hummer H2 into the fire truck at Havana Street and E. Exposition Ave.
6. Hickenlooper campaign tops $1 million mark; Tancredo outpaces GOP rivals
Gov. John Hickenlooper’s reelection campaign raised $420,588 during the last fundraising quarter of 2013. That brings the campaign’s total cash to $1,047,975. Former Congressman Tom Tancredo leads the field of potential GOP challengers on the fundraising front. He has $109,174 on hand heading into primary season
7. Peyton Manning tells the world what it means when he shouts ‘Omaha!’
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning met with the media Wednesday. He was asked what it means when he shouts “Omaha” during his play calling. And he actually answered the question, but not without a bit of levity.
8. Oscars nominees list out Thursday
The nominations for the 86th Academy Awards were announced Thursday morning, and many felt that some of the snubs were as notable as the honors.
9. Gunman, 2 women dead in Indiana grocery store shooting
A gunman killed two women inside an Indiana grocery store Wednesday night before police rushed to the scene and gunned him down when he fired at them.
10. Eric Decker, pregnant wife Jessie James appear in racy GQ spread
Broncos star Eric Decker and his pregnant wife Jessie James appeared in a racy GQ spread that’s due to hit newsstands soon. Some thought James’ effort to show off her baby bump should be celebrated, but others said she was flaunting it a bit too much.AlertMe