TODAY: Cold temps remain, bus driver DUI, 50 years since JFK’s death
1. Light snow possible Friday; temps in teens, single digits
The bulk of the falling snow came to an end around midnight in Denver. But plummeting temperatures overnight made for slick roads Friday morning, and some light, additional accumulation is also possible for the metro area later in the day.
2. Cherry Creek school bus driver accused of DUI while transporting students
A Cherry Creek Schools District bus driver was arrested and charged late with DUI late Thursday, after he transported some students on a field trip. The driver admitted to consuming vodka and cold medicine prior to driving the school bus.
3. Colorado man, former secret service agent, remembers JFK
This week, the nation is remembering President John F. Kennedy on the 50th anniversary of his assassination. But there’s one Colorado man who can’t forget. Gerald Blaine served as a Secret Service agent in the Kennedy detail. Wherever Kennedy went, Blaine wasn’t far behind.
4. Federal agents, local police search marijuana shops in Denver, Boulder
Just weeks before shops are to start selling marijuana for recreational use in Colorado, federal and local law enforcement raided stores across the Metro area Thursday morning. Several marijuana retail stores said they welcomed the raids.
5. Police investigating cause of 2-alarm fire in Longmont
As of Friday morning, investigators were still looking into the cause of a 2-alarm fire that destroyed an apartment complex in Longmont late Thursday night.
6. Truck hits power pole in Golden; causes outages, traffic delays
The driver of a truck lost control on the icy roads in Golden Friday morning, slamming into a power line. It caused both outages and road closures in the area.
7. ‘F’ is for ‘flies’ at Aurora establishments
In our latest edition of “Restaurant Report Card,” we found out that a restaurant known for its top sirloin is also known for its strip — fly strip, that is, according to Tri-County Health inspectors.
8. New Belgium makes HLN list of companies ‘we’d love to work for’
Free beer is just one of the perks being offered by one of these eight companies that landed on an HLN list for their efforts to make their employees happy by offering great perks. One of those companies just happens to be in Colorado.
9. Dog ate girl’s homework, required surgery to get fixed up
The excuse of “the dog ate my homework” was true to an extreme in one recent case. A science project, a chocolate volcano, was too much of a temptation for one Englewood family’s dog.
10. Baby monitor recall issued after 2 infant strangulation deaths
A voluntary recall to provide cord covers for 600,000 Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitors with Sensor Pads has been issued after two infant deaths were reports in California and Oregon.AlertMe