ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The excuse of "the dog ate my homework" was true to an extreme in one recent case.
A science project, a chocolate volcano, was too much of a temptation for one family's dog, Reggie.
The problem was the volcano had metal straight pins in it. The dog ate a whole bunch of them and had to go to the vet to have them removed. The vet used magnets as well as surgery to fix the dog up.
The girl who lost her homework assignment provided X-rays to her teacher to make her story stick.AlertMe