DENVER — The heat source is the most complicated part of the heating system, and it’s the part most likely to suffer from neglect.
Problems in this area may also lead to distribution problems. Whatever heat source your system uses, give it regular attention to prevent problems.
Dirt is the most common issue of home heating systems. It can waste fuel and lower efficiency.
Dirt affects all three basic components of the system, so cleaning is the most important part of regular maintenance.
Keep in mind these facts:
- Furnace flame should be blue
- Beware of lingering odor coming from furnace
- Replace filters every few months
- Annual cleaning by a certified technician
- Replace carbon monoxide detector every 5 years