Special curbside debris removal begins in Boulder Thursday
BOULDER, Colo. — The city of Boulder begins curbside cleanup of flood debris Thursday. It’s a special contract with Swingle Inc. that will take place for three weeks.
Residents are asked to place flood debris, such as carpet, drywall, appliances, trees and branches, curbside for collection. Debris piles should not block drainage, sidewalks, bike lanes or fire hydrants.
routes and schedules are available at www.boulderfloodinfo.net. Swingle has divided the city into four zones for curbside cleanup and will pick up debris in each zone at least twice, starting on Thursday, Sept. 26, and concluding on Friday, Oct. 18. Here is the schedule for week one:
- Zone 1: North of Iris, West of Foothills Parkway – start day Thursday, Sept. 26
- Zone 2: South of Baseline, West of Foothills Parkway – start day Saturday, Sept. 28
- Zone 3: South of Iris, North of Baseline, West of Foothills Parkway – start day Tuesday, Oct. 1
- Zone 4: East of Foothills Parkway in city limits – start day Thursday, Oct. 3
In order for the city to receive Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assistance for the cost of debris removal, curbside pickup is limited to debris created by the storm. FEMA requirements include:
- Storm-related debris only
- Debris should NOT be placed in plastic trash bags
- Debris already in plastic bags must be opened to allow FEMA verification of storm debris
- Do not place household trash with flood debris
To facilitate prompt curbside collection, residents should place appliances at the curb separate from other flood debris. Electronics and mud are NOT included in curbside collection.
Electronics may be taken to Eco-Cycle’s Center for Hard to Recycle Materials (CHaRM) drop off site at 5030 Old Pearl St. or Western Disposal for recycling. For more information, visit www.ecocycle.org/charm or www.westerndisposal.com.
Household hazardous waste such as paint, pesticides and chemicals must be taken to the Hazardous Materials Management Facility at 1901 63rd St. It is located behind the Boulder County Recycling Facility.
For more information on curbside cleanup or route schedules, please contact the city information line at 303-441-2196.AlertMe