Tuscan Sun Wines
Author Frances Mayes shows us how to pair Bruschetta with her new Tuscan Sun Wines.
Recipe for Bruschetta
· 1 loaf baguette or rustic Tuscan bread – cut 1/3” thick
· 20 or so cherry tomatoes (stemmed and chopped) OR 4 – 6 medium sized tomatoes
· 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
· 1 clove garlic
· 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 3 tablespoons fresh thyme (minced)
· 3 tablespoons fresh oregano (minced)
· 3 tablespoons fresh basil (minced)
· Salt & pepper to taste
For bruschetta, grill or broil substantial slices of rustic Tuscan bread, brush with extra-virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. If you like, spear a clove of garlic with one side cut and rub across the bread before adding the olive oil.
Combine olive oil, tomatoes, onion, and seasonings in a bowl, mix thoroughly, and spoon the mixture onto each slice of bruschetta.AlertMe