Lightning causes house fire in Morrison

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Lightning starts house fire in Morrison, Colo. September 3, 2013

Lightning starts house fire in Morrison, Colo. September 3, 2013

MORRISON, Colo. — A lightning bolt hit a house and ignited a fire that caused major damage to a house in Morrison Tuesday evening.

West Metro Fire Rescue battled the blaze at S. Cole Street and Purdue Ave. A spokesperson says lightning hit the front bedroom window of the house and started a fire in the bedroom.

It took crews 19 minutes to extinguish the flames.

They say it caused about $50,000 damage.

The homeowners were not there at the time. No one was hurt.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.