DENVER -- Fraser's Favorites this week features a recipe for Grilled Miso-Shrimp Po' Boys.
Miso-Shrimp Po’ Boys
- 3 cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 carrot, finely julienned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
On a work surface, chop the shrimp and scallions. Transfer to a large bowl and add the sambal mayonnaise, cabbage, water chestnuts, cilantro and carrot; season lightly with salt and pepper. Mound the shrimp salad on the ciabatta rolls, close the sandwiches and serve.
Grilled Miso-Shrimp recipe
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 scallions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of the lime juice with the miso, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and brown sugar. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Thread the shrimp and scallions on eight 8-inch skewers.
- Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the sambal oelek and the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Serve the shrimp with the sambal mayonnaise.
Serve with lime wedges and cilantroAlertMe