DENVER -- Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser cooks up Steakhouse Lime Fajitas on Friday, August 23.
Here's is the recipe:
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. Skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Steakhouse Marinade
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Juice of 3 limes
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 Medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Bell peppers, any color, cut into rings
- 2 Medium white onions
- 4 Medium Jalapeno peppers, split lengthwise and seeded
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- Cilantro for garnish
- Crumbled Queso Fresca
- Sliced Avocado
1. Place the steak in a food storage bag with the KC Masterpiece® Steakhouse Marinade and lime juice. Squeeze out most of the air and seal. Let stand refrigerated for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat charcoal grill.
3. Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade.
4. Season the steak with the paprika, lime zest, ground pepper, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
5. Grill the steak for 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until an internal Temperature of 145°F is reached.
6. Grill the vegetables for about 7 to 10 minutes or until golden.
7. Toast the tortillas.
8. Serve family style with crumbled Queso Fresca, sliced avocado, more fresh lime wedges, and freshly chopped cilantro