DENVER -- The weather was hot and dry for Chief Meteorologist Dave Fraser to grill some salmon burgers for Fraser's Favorites on Friday, August 16.
Here's the recipe and how to make this delicious dish.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups very thinly sliced radish
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 cups watercress
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour hot liquid over radish. Chill 30 minutes; drain well.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Combine soy sauce and chili sauce, stirring with a whisk. Sprinkle fillets with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Place fillets on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes, brushing with half of soy mixture. Carefully turn fillets; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, brushing with remaining soy mixture.
- Spread 2 tablespoons mayo mixture on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 fillet. Top evenly with radishes. Arrange about 1/3 cup watercress on each fillet; top with top halves of buns.