Chicken Picatta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Recipe serves 4
- 1 lb (2 half breasts) boneless, skinless chicken breast, ask the butcher to halve and pound flat
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup capers, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Chopped parsley
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
Recommended Dessert: Pignoli Cookies and Sorbet
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and when boiling add a palm full of salt.
2. Season the chicken breast pieces with kosher salt and black pepper then dredge lightly in the flour.
3. Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat and when hot add the olive oil. Immediately add the chicken breast pieces and cook for 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate and hold in a warm place.
4. Add the garlic and capers to the pan and cook, stirring constantly for about 20 seconds. Add the wine and reduce briefly then add the lemon juice and sundried tomatoes.
5. Whisk in the butter until it is melted then return the chicken to the pan, along with any juices that have collected on the plate. Stir in the parsley.
6. Throw the pasta into the boiling water and cook to the package directions. When the pasta is al dente, drain well and divide between four plates. Place the chicken on the pasta and pour the sauce over the whole thing. Garnish with the lemon zest and serve.AlertMe