3 hospitalized for burns after garage fire in Colo. Springs

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Crews respond to garage fire in Colorado Springs (Photo courtesy: KXRM)

Crews respond to garage fire in Colorado Springs (Photo courtesy: KXRM)

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Three people, including a small boy, were hospitalized with burns after a fire broke out in a garage in Colorado Springs.

KXRM reported that the Colorado Springs Fire Department responded to 3018 Greenwood Circle Sunday afternoon on reports of a fire and explosion.

Investigators said two men and a 2-year-old boy were in the garage working on a vehicle when the explosion happened.

CSFD confirmed the ignition source was an open flame from a propane space heater in the garage where the car was being worked on.

All three were rushed to the hospital with burns to their hands and faces.

The boy and his father are both in critical condition, and the other victim is in stable condition at a local hospital, according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.