Fire destroys 2 mobile homes in Adams County

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. -- The American Red Cross is assisting two families left homeless following a Tuesday afternoon grill fire which officials believe is responsible for destroying two homes.

The fire, which broke out shortly before 2 p.m., happened in the 8500 block of Cook way in unincorporated Adams County.

"There was just no controlling it, the flames were about twenty feet in the air," one witnesses told FOX31 Denver late Tuesday afternoon.

No one was injured in the blaze but both both properties are considered uninhabitable.

"It was pretty breathtaking it was like a nightmare come true," said Dawson Jackson who lost a home in the fire.

Firefighters remained on the scene for several hours but wrapped up the clean-up around 7 p.m.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.