DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. -- The owner of a home in the Pinery says he was only gone for a short time, running some errands when the fire sparked.
He says he came around the corner and saw all the emergency equipment and TV cameras and wondered what the commotion was about.
And then he saw his house. A fire started about 2:30 Tuesday afternoon, the hot dry weather a factor in causing the fire to burn very fast.
Firefighters say it started in the back, burned up the back wall and got into the attic and destroyed most of the house.
Owner Scott Webb says firefighters tell him they think an accidental electrical short in an outside outlet might be the cause.
He says he's lived there 12 years and has lost pretty much everything in the fire. But he says he has insurance and hopes to rebuild in the same spot.AlertMe