When a family owned restaurant has been in business for almost 40 years, they must be doing something right. Recently expanded with a beautiful patio, the Blue Bonnet has become an institution in Denver. Watch for great summer recipe ideas you can cook on the grill! And find all the recipes below.
Playa Mango Salad with Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs
1 cup mango chunks
1 red bell pepper sliced
½ cup black beans
½ handful cilantro
Taco shell / bowl
Mango pineapple vinaigrette
- Cut the chicken into cubes to put on a skewer. If you have time, marinate the night before in a chili-lime rub.
- Grill on high heat until cooked thoroughly
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the salad and serve the kabob on top.
Summer Peach Mango Margarita with House-grown Mint
½ fresh peach (you can leave the skin on)
¾ Tablespoon agave syrup
Large spring of mint
2 oz of Tequila of choice
Handful of ice
Place everything in the blender and blend until it is a nice liquefied puree. Drink up!
BBQ Ribs Marinade
3 Cups Coca-Cola
1 Cup pineapple chunks
3 Teaspoons paprika
4 Tablespoons adobo paste
1 Cup honey
Pinch of salt and garlic powder
1. Boil the Coca-Cola and pineapple chunks to reduce to about 2 cups then blend mixture.
2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
3. If you have time, marinate the ribs overnight, if not, continuously baste the ribs with the marinade.
4. You will have plenty of marinade for at least two racks of ribs and extra dipping sauce.AlertMe