BOULDER, Colo. — The son of former Fox News personality Eric Bolling died of an accidental overdose, the Boulder County Coroner’s Office said Thursday.
Eric Chase Bolling, 19, was found in an apartment building near 28th Street Frontage Road and Village Drive on Sept. 8. He was a student at the University of Colorado.
The coroner’s office said the cause of death was mixed drug intoxication that included a combination of cocaine, fentanyl and THC as well as traces of a drug to treat anxiety.
Eric Bolling took to Twitter after the announcement was made.
The announcement came on the same day President Donald Trump declared the country’s opioid epidemic a public health emergency.
Bolling left Fox News in September after the Huffington Post reported he sent lewd photos to female colleagues.
Bolling has filed a defamation lawsuit against the writer of the article.