Dumpster fire at Park Meadows Mall sparked by tossed cigarette

LONE TREE, Colo. — A dumpster fire that ignited outside of a Park Meadows clothing store spread to the exterior of the building Tuesday night, South Metro Fire Rescue said.

The fire started about 9 p.m. outside of the Dillard’s department store and reached inside.

The fire was contained within 20 minutes. There were no injuries and the interior of the store did not burn, fire officials said.

The cause of the fire was an improperly discarded smoking material, officials said.