GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo. — A fire that sparked evacuations in Greenwood Village was caused by a child playing with fireworks, South Metro Fire Rescue said Wednesday.
Orchard Road was closed west of South University Boulevard as crews fought the flames.
Some evacuations happened because of the fire, officials confirmed.
“All evacuations are cautionary at this point and no structures are involved,” officials said.
A short time later, South Metro Fire Rescue confirmed the fire had been threatening homes but was under control.
Illegal fireworks also sparked a house fire in Aurora over the weekend, the Aurora Fire Department said.