DENVER -- It's hot outside and a great time to turn off the oven and fire up the grill instead.
Chef Michael Wurm from Growler USA joined us on Channel 2 News at 4 p.m. Wednesday to show us how to make a shrimp summer salad.
Shrimp Summer Salad recipe
This is made with fresh kale mix, Tangerine Express (craft beer) grilled shrimp, tangerine slices, candied walnuts and Parmesan cheese tossed in balsamic vinaigrette.
1 tbs paprika
¼ cup olive oil
2 cups Stone Tangerine Express IPA
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tbs Italian seasoning
½ tbs onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
¼ Cup Fresh garlic, minced
16 each medium sized shrimp, peeled, raw
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator. Allow to marinate for at least two hours.
- Place shrimp on the grill. Allow each side to cook for three minutes, for a total of six minutes (or until cooked through). Set aside and build salad.
Shrimp Salad Assembly:
3 cups fresh kale
5 cups organic spring mix
½ cup Mandarin oranges
¼ cup candied walnuts
¼ cup Parmesan-Romano cheese, shaved
1 cup Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Place kale and spring mix into chilled salad bowl.
- Top greens with tangerine slices, walnuts, and grilled shrimp.
- Garnish with Parmesan-Romano cheese and dressing to taste.
- Top each salad with 4 grilled shrimp each.